Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Hi all! Just want to write an introduction to who I am and a few things about me.


College Life 

One of my favorite classes that I took last year was Website Development. I found it enjoyable and interesting to learn all about developing websites from scratch using HTML and CSS. I put my time and effort in and feel like I came out of the module with some good Websites. I feel like this year, while in my 2nd year of this course, I will really enjoy Website Design as I'll learn more about building websites and add on to what I know already.


One of my biggest accomplishments of last year was learning a lot of skills like building websites, learning how to use Illustrator and Photoshop and creating video's from my own content. I found it enjoyable and was excited to learn these skills and can't wait to accomplish more using these skills in the future.

My goals for this module is to learn more about multimedia, using different platforms available such as Twitter and blogging. Another are I'm really interested in is learning how to use Unity and creating my own game. I've been playing pc games for many years now and was always interested on how they are created so now I'm excited to give my own shot at it.

When it comes to my Career Goals, I haven't set a definite long term goal yet on the premise that I do not know yet on what creative media to focus on yet. I have a big interest in the likes of Website development and design while also being very interested in graphics design or games development. On a short term goal, I want to focus on expanding my knowledge in these areas and gaining more experience working with the software's required and as I move along with this course I will then pick one that I like the most to fully focus on. Now that is not to say that I won't concentrate on other areas, I feel like working in this career area of creative design, you always have to be up to date and learning constantly with new software's and programs coming out all  the time. I like this as its pretty flexible and I like switching and trying new things every now and then.


Images:

1. Image of Adobe Logo. Source: flickr.com

Comments

  1. Hey Fineas glad to hear that you’re enjoying the course and that you’re learning new things. I myself have learned a lot about Illustrator, Photoshop and video creation. You don’t need to have long term goals yet as long as you know a general direction you want to go im sure you can figure out what you want to do. Hope to talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fineas, I enjoyed reading through your introduction, I am glad to see you are enjoying web development and web design, Even though its not my cup of tea I also want to improve on it as it is a good skill to have. Good luck with creating your own game, it is a cool process to follow and hopefully the outcome will also be cool :D Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fineas! I really enjoyed reading your introduction. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed first year and hopefully this year will be even better (even though we're not actually in the college). I also really liked web dev last year and honestly didn't expect to understand any of it at the start because I was basically clueless about all of that so I think It's quite cool now that we're all actually able to make our own websites. Good luck with everything and hopefully we'll get to chat more this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fineas
    I loved webdev last year and i cant wait to go straight into html or css when it comes to making our website later this year, on what you said about playing video games and wanting to know how they work or how they were created, i just cant stop doing exactly that now that we've started using unity! Every time i go into a game its like a Sherlock homes scene where all the slow motion stuff is coming up and i'm analyzing every single thing in the game! But for real i'm excited to get into all the new tools and assists we've been given just like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fineas, it was nice to read through your introduction and get you know a bit more about you. I think web dev. was fun until it got you frustrated hehe. It was interesting to learn about it and to then create our own big pages. I have also been playing some pc games and it got me curious many times how they are made. It’s cool that we have the chance to make our own game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fineas, I agree that there was so many things that I also learned from first year. Web development was also one of my favourites even though it was time consuming and need a lot off efforts. I don't play games in pc but I play a lot of mobile games for years and it always interest me on how they are able to create such cool games. Having to create one game of our own is a really good opportunity to have and it would make us appreciate them more with all the codings we are doing to create a simple game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fineas, Killian here, I really liked your introduction post, thought it was very interesting and fun, you seemed to have fun with it which is why it turned out so good. Glad you got something out of the first semester, I was proud of my website too so I get what you mean.. All the best and good luck with the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Prototype