Unity Tutorial 05

 

(image of one of the tutorials I followed this week)

This week for my unity tutorials and in creating Ruby's Adventure I followed two more tutorials, Camera - Cinemachine and Visual Styling - Particles.

For the first part I added and installed the cinemachine package to the project and then set it up. I then learned that I will be using the orthographic camera mode since the game is in 2d. I then put Ruby the main character in the follow property on the vcam inspector and made the world bigger. I then set a camera bound so that it doesn't go outside the map. 

I then moved on to visually styling particles. I first prepared the sprites by slicing the sprite atlas and then I created a new smoke effect particle. I added some randomness to the particles using the size and speed constants and made them fade away with the colour gradient and size over lifetime. I made a prefab from the smoke effect and added it to the robot prefab and then fixed the smoke movement to stop when the robot gets fixed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Game Idea Research

Game Design