Unity Tutorial 06

 

(image of lesson 3.4 on my unity editor)

For my Unity tutorials this week I completed lesson 3.4 and also tried challenge 3. I was quite happy with this weeks tutorials and learned a few interesting things.

For lesson 3.4 I learned how to add particles and sound effects. I first added an explosion particle for when the player collides with an object and also customized the particle. I then added a dirt splatter particle for when the player runs and also got it to play only when the player is on the ground and stop when he jumps or dies. I then added some music in the background and also declared variables for Audio clips for my sound effects. I then added sound effects for when the player jumps and also when the player collides with an object to add to the explosion effect. With all those steps completed I was finally finished this game too!

For Challenge 3 had to fix a game with similar components to the lessons. The problems with this game where that:
    The player can't control the balloon when spacebar is pressed
    The background only moves when the game is over
    No objects are being spawned
    Fireworks appear to the side of the balloon
    The background is not repeating properly
There where also some bonus challenges which I didn't try out. I was able to complete this challenge and found it decent enough to complete but I can see that they are getting tougher and tougher each time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Game Idea Research

Prototype