Unity Tutorial 07


(image showing Unit 4 - Gameplay Mechanics tutorial details, source)

 

In this weeks unity tutorial I started the Unit 4 tutorials where we go over gameplay mechanics and make an arcade style sumo battle where the player has to knock enemies off a floating island.

In lesson 4.1 I first created the project and opened the scene. I then set up the player and added a texture to the player. I then created a focal point for the camera and coded it so that the player can rotate the focal point of the camera. I then gave the player a forward and backward force and set it to move in the direction of the focal point. 

In lesson 4.2 I added an enemy and gave it a physics material to make it bounce away. I then created a script so that the enemy will follow the player. I then also made a spawn manager for the enemies and set their span point randomly. 

In lesson 4.3 I chose and prepared a powerup for the player. I set it so that the powerup gets destroyed on collision with the player and then tested it for when the player collides with an enemy. I then applied an extra knockback for when the player has the powerup. I then created a countdown for the powerup so it doesn't last forever and also added an indicator so the player knows the powerup is activated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Game Idea Research

Prototype