Unity Tutorial 08

(image describing lesson 4.4, source)


This week for our Unity Tutorials, I completed lesson 4.4. and had a shot at Challenge 4

In lesson 4.4 I started off by writing a for-loop to spawn 3 enemies as to challenge the player more and also gave it a parameter so that the number of enemies can increase as game goes on. I then wrote up some code to destroy enemies when they fall off and spawn a new wave once a wave is destroyed. I then increased the enemyCount so that the amount of enemies increase with each wave. To finalize the game I spawned powerups with each new wave to help the player.

For challenge 4 I was given broken code for a game where the player controls a ball and has to get other balls in your net. Here are the problems with the code which I had to fix:
- Hitting an enemy sends it back towards you
- A new wave spawns when the player gets a powerup
- The powerup never goes away
- 2 enemies are spawned in every wave
- The enemy balls are not moving anywhere

I definitely feel the challenges getting harder each time and it took me longer than the other ones to complete and finish the challenge but it was a good experience to have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Game Idea Research

Prototype