Reading 03

 

(image taken from RefWorks of my 4 readings)

This week for my reading that I had to find and select 4 academic papers on my topic, dimensions of a game world. I searched through quite a few papers and found 4 that I would focus on this week and saved them in RefWorks. I made sure to read the abstracts and conclusions so that the papers are relevant to my topic.

I'm still finding it a little difficult to find some suitable papers but the ones I've found so far are similar enough to what I'm looking for. They are:
  • Defining the Physical Dimension of a Game Setting - Ernest Adams Gamasutra
  • Dimensions of video game behavior and their relationships with personality - Narnia C Worth, Angela S Book
  • The Geology of Minecraft - Georg Kleinschmidt
  • Authoring Adaptive Game World Generation - Ricardo Lopes, Elmar Eisemann and Rafael Bidarra
I went through these 4 papers highlighting what I found to be important and commenting the main points I took from the papers. I then got started on an annotated bibliography and summarized my main points from the 4 papers. It took me quite a while to get the hang of it but I'm slowly getting more used to it until hopefully I'll fly through this process in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future [Please Enter Career]

Game Idea Research

Prototype